Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proper method for complete removal of an ACD set

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonmerchants

Technical User
Apr 3, 2012
US
I know there are a number of threads on the topic, but from what I can tell, nothing definitive that describes each step (feel free to correct me!)

I'm currently cleaning up some M2616 phones that are in queues and are no longer used. The method I'm thinking I need to take:

1. From CC6, deacquire the set.
2. From CC6, delete the Agent.
3. From TTY, set all queue keys on the set to NUL.
4. From TTY, out the set.

Am I missing anything? Thanks again for the help everyone!

I think you have steps that are not necessary.

This is what I have been following for 10+ years.

De-Acquire set from CC.
Check if phone is de-acquired in PBX.
If not de-acquired go to load 48 and type dacq agt xx-xx-xx-xx (TN)
Detele TN.

Cheers

To check if the phone is deacquired, can I just do a LD32 and stat the line to ensure it's disabled? Or is there a second way to confirm the PBX also knows the set has been deacquired?

Thanks!

I generally will disable the set before I delete it. This just insures I am not cutting off a phone call.

TN printout looks differant on an acquired set vs one that is not. To see the differance,
print (ld20) a agent phone that is being used and acquired, then do the same for a TN that you just de-acquired in cc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back