Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proper IP Office Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

jschweg

IS-IT--Management
Dec 19, 2002
US
Hi guys, just looking for feedback to make sure my Ip Office and VM Pro System is getting backed up properly in the event of a disaster.

For the IP Office config itself, I assume that all I need to do here is Go To File -> Backup/Restore -> Backup Binaries and Configurations. Obviously the cfg is at the bottom of the list, but there is also a long list of binaries, I assume that this is the firmware. Do I need all of these, or how can I tell which one I'm actually running?

As far as the VMPro setup, I assume all I need from there is the mdb from the backup utility to restore my call flows correct? How do I backup all of the Voicemail greetings/messages and how would I transplant them back into a new VM Pro installation?

Thanks for all the help guys.

If you want backups then just copy your latest config.
For VMPro you just copy the folder "VM" in C:/Program Files/Avaya/IP Office/Voicemail Pro

In 6.0 there is an automatic backup function for VMPro and the IP500V2 (also 6.0) make backup's to a SD card (system or backup SD)

ACS IP Office or is it ACSS :)
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Thanks, I appreciate the response.

So is there any reason to backup any of the binaries that are listed via the Manager backup tool?

None at all
They are all on the Admin Install CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back