Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proper Databse Tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJProctor

Programmer
Jun 20, 2003
GB
Hi there, ive used VB for years and love the program but never really found DB stuff that easy even though everyone else does, probs cos ive not been taugh. Thing is id like to do it properly with code none of this linking a field to a txtbox, cos that limits alot of the stuff you can do especially with relational databases, or so i think. Does anybody know of any good tutorials that show you ways of doing things that are more akin to the way you work with files but usings a db instead, or could you explain the different ways of using vb.net and db's. I enjoy SQL so if anybody knows of any tutorials with VB.net and SQL thats would be great. Ive already looked all over but cant find much, maybe im looking for the wrong thing.

Hope someone can help me out

Regards

JP

Take a look at some of the posts by PankaBanja. He's posted some good database tutorials.

Chip H.

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ222-2244 first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back