Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proper configuration of a powervault 220s

Status
Not open for further replies.

20thaeguy

IS-IT--Management
Nov 29, 2010
US
I am cross posting in hopes of getting a quick answer.

I inherited an older pv220s environment with my new job. The previous admin setup two pv's attached to two poweredge 2850s with perc 4/DC cards. It is setup an MS cluster to handle pretty much everything (FNP, DHCP, etc.) The cluster works in that it will fail over if node 1 goes down. What isn't happening is a mirror from the one powervault to another. If I fail the cluster over to the second node most of the data is not there. The setup is as follows: on connector 0 there are eight physical disks labeled 0:0 through 0:8. Each disk is showing a capacity of 279.38gb.On connector 1 there is also 8 physical disks that look identical to the other ones. I assume this is chassis 1 and chassis 2. On Connector 1 there are two virtual disks. Vol1 is a RAID 10 with a capacity of 1.6tb and volume 2 is RAID 1 with 279gb of capacity. The other server is setup exactly the same. Within windows there is an F drive with inetpub, print spooler, and dhcp with 278gb of capacity. There is a drive G: with apps, profiles, groups, users, etc. The capacity is 1.63tb. Lastly there is a 1gb quorum. I can see how the scsi setup correlates to the windows drives but I don't see how pv1 is mirroring to pv2. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back