Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

prompts & refreshes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zooo

Programmer
Nov 7, 2000
CA
Okay here goes.

I am linking to a report from an HTML page. It is just a regular link.
<A HREF=&quot;report.rpt&quot;>Report</A>

It opens a report that prompts for information. I have set the prompt up in the report to have 3 values which the user can select from.

Problem 1. When the report opens it prompts, but it gives a text box not a drop down list. Can I and how do I make it a drop down selection?

Also, if I go back to the HTML page and click the link again I do not get the prompt, it just shows me the same report that it already showed me.

Problem 2. How do I make it prompt every time?

Thanks for any help.
Yusuf

Hello !

Here's my suggestion. Go to and download the demo version ! It's the best tool i've seen to put reports on the web. It's a wizard that will help u generate (in less than 3 minutes !) the pages of code needed to take the parameters in a HTML form (not as a prompt in CR)... after then u can go and modify the generated code to fit to your particular needs.

Hope it will help you !

A great suggestion. Unfortunately my employers wants the prompt to come from Crystal reports when the report is open. Any other suggestions?

I had the same problem that you have (a text box and not a drop-down list) and i didnt find how to resolve. but if its only because that you dont want to lose whats in your explorer window where you call your report, theres something i could suggest you :

--Put that in your <HEAD> tag--
<script Language=&quot;VBScript&quot; >
sub open_report()
myaddress =&quot;report/report.rpt&quot;
window.open myaddress,&quot;REPORT&quot;,&quot;scrollbars=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no&quot;
end sub
</script>

--then when you want to call it just--
<A onClick=&quot;open_report()&quot;>Report</A>

It will pop you up a new navigator window contaning your report.

If thats the reason why your boss want CR to prompt for the parameters and not a html form, thats my suggestion. If not, i dont know how to resolve it. But its by talking that we have ideas !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back