Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prompting in IWR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanzelmans

Technical User
Dec 3, 2003
US
We are making the switch from IWR 6 to 7.2.

We are licensed to all Cognos products through our HRIS provider, and the third-party notes and documentation are horribly lacking.

I have been able to get some reports that do not use prompts to run. However, if I have a report that uses a prompt and make a selection it doesn't seem to do anything.

I remember in the older version, you had to do some manipulation in the IWR Report Administration package with prompts. Anything like that in 7.2?

Also, I am receiving a boatload of JavaScript errors when using UpFront. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Thanks for any help.

Steve Hanzelman

Steve Hanzelman
Milton Hershey School

Make sure your paths are correct for the prompts in the prompt manager in the Impromptu application. Then run this through the impserver and make sure it works there. Usually this is the problem.

CP [cook]

Plz redefine the Prompts using PromptManager in the Imromptu.

Regards,
Anshu

CP,
Thanks for the response.

How do you set the paths for prompts in Prompt Manager? I have poked around but have not been able to find where to change the paths.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve Hanzelman
Milton Hershey School

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back