Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prompting he user

Status
Not open for further replies.

malk

MIS
Dec 12, 2000
US
Is there a way to prompt the user of the report and use his answer to display the data?
i.e. If I ask the user to supply a date, can I use his answer to only report the records that lie after the date he submitted. His answer would be cross rferenced with a date field in the report. Is this possible using cr 8.0?

Yes, you need to create a parameter field. Go to Insert/Parameter Field, right click on Parameter Field and choose New. You can choose that it look for a date by changing the Value Type. If you want this parameter to appear as a record selection, you must choose the select expert and make the date field you're querying on equal to the parameter field you just created.

Good Luck!
Kim

THanx. I tried it, and it works, but it is pretty ugly. It asks my question in a huge box, that asks: "discrete Value". How do I dislpay my prompts as a user friendly prompt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back