Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

prompting for password when linking a ODBC database

Status
Not open for further replies.

deamen

Technical User
Nov 2, 2001
NL
LS.

When I link a table to a ODBC database on a UNIX-server.
I type in a username and password and choose the option: Rember login and password.
Next time when I open the document Access prompts me again for the password.

I've found this article on the MSDN library:

So this means it's a known problem for Access 2002 in combination with Win2k.
I just wonder if it's a known problem for Access 2000?

I hope anyone can give me an answer.

Thanx in advance,

Deamen

i am linking to the same (PeopleSoft) and it does the same... i just keep putting it in there!

and you replied to the Help! Users are morons!

where did it go? land of milk and Honey

I think your post was deeted by the forum-admin because it was off-topin, but it was a good joke :)

About my problem:
I think the problem I discribed above is aplying to the Access 2000 in combination with Win2k.
I put the problem @ our problem manager(ITIL) and he bounched it back within a few day that Microsoft haven't got a solution for the problem and that is a known problem for Access 2002 and probaly for Access 2000 too./
I hope they gonna fix this problem soon, because in shared databases it's not a good security check.
All of the readers(of the database) must know the login for the linked Unix database.

Maybe there's still a good solution

Deamen

Crose7227, if you want a copy of the Access joke I posted on your thread, please post your e-mail address.

--smoker1

my email address is crose7227@yahoo.com

and how about this weirdness...

today i haven't once had to put in a password for PeopleSoft... how freaky is that? land of milk and Honey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back