Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prompt Conditions in ReportNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

damzi

Programmer
May 3, 2004
US
In my report I have 2 optional prompts 1 and 2, either of which has to be selected. I want one of my columns to be visible when prompt 1 is used in the report, and not visible when prompt 2 is used. I am unbale to find the toggle to the visible property on the same. Does any one has any ideas on this ?

Maybe this is too complicated, but the solution that comes to my mind is to have a conditional block in your report. Create a variable based on the first parameter, i.e. if ?parameter1? is null then 1 else 2

If ?parameter1? is null then show the block that does not contain the column.

If ?parameter1? is not null then show the block that contains the column.

you are right stacybost upto creating conditional variable. after that selects a conditional variable value 1 and select the report column you want to hide and on properties to your left hand side select box type to none and this will do.
please let me know if you don't understand anything.

Regards
Uma

yes - u guys are right. It worked ! thanks so much. - Damzi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back