Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Promoting a CM Subscriber to a Publisher

Status
Not open for further replies.

bburton48us

Instructor
Jul 2, 2002
US
I am not sure if this is an Urban Legend, but informed sources have told me it is possible to promote a Cisco Call Manager Subscriber Server to a Publisher. I have been asked for documentation many times, but have been unable to locate same on CCO.

Thanks,

Bill B.

Can't do it, thats as of TAC

there are differences in the way the system is setup so they say.. DC Directory, SQL, etc...

BuckWeet

Thanks,

I was afraid of that. I am going to be working with a group of Cisco SEs in a few weeks and see if there is any internal documents that might shed more light on the subject.

Thanks again!!

You can promote a subscriber, but it does involve a little bit on lateral thinking.

Run the last service pack that you applied on the server, again. At the point that it asks you is this a subscriber or publisher, tell it it's a publisher and up it goes.

This works for 3.1 versions, though I've never tried it any later.

Paul

Thanx for this tip w3ftm, I will try to simulate this on a 3.3 system soon. I will post the findings here !

Simon

----------------------------------------
The ? grass ? is always greener on the other side ;-)
----------------------------------------

Simon

Were you able to to successfully convert a subscriber to a publisher on a 3.3 system?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back