Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Promise Fasttrak100 RAID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagreen

Technical User
Jun 2, 2003
US
I have been trying to install a Promise FastTrak100 card in my Netware SBS 5.1 file server. According to the Novell site, it is certified to work in that environment. A caution on the Promise site indicated that I needed to be careful to apply the latest patch for Netware, so I applied SP6. It doesn't work. When the IDE CDM thingees start loading, they only do so very, very slowly (you can tell I am an expert, right?). When the Promise driver starts to load, it shows the copyright and versions stuff, then it finds the card, but then it pauses a while until it finally says "Returned to Safe State". Then it just stops. I have tried flashing the bios on the Promise card to the latest version, and even backflashing it. I have tried the driver that comes included with SP6, as well as the driver that is posted on the Promise web site. I do not know what else to do. Any thoughts or suggestions?

if only ever used one of these on my pc in the house but should work no probs

only thing i had to do was go into bios and turn the pnp off

if you didnt it sat like a slug for ages

When you say you turned pnp off, do you mean that you mannually set the IRQs, etc., in the bios, or merely that you instructed the bios that the operating system was not pnp? Oddly, this bios does not seem to have the latter setting.

I'm using a Fasttrak66 without any problems in my test server at home. Server is patched to SP5. It's slow when loading initial CDM's but then returns to normal speed once disk and network drivers are loaded and volumes are mounted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back