Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PROMAIL VM SYSTEM ISSUES WITH NEC ELECTRA PRO

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookietech

Technical User
Feb 17, 2003
US
I have an NEC Electra Pro Level 1, I just hooked up a ProMail VM System to it.

The Trouble I'm having is that I can't access my System Setup Mailbox.(per the manual its mailbox 0 with password 4321 then #) when the mailbox and password is entered i get the password is incorrect please try again. Is there a way aound this?

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks
TSB

The only way around not knowing the correct password is to re-initiallize the ProMail VoiceMail System. This is how its done.
Dial 50
Enter 0 then 7373876# the voicemail will then prompt you to enter a new password.
after resetting password, call voicemail enter 0 and the new password, after VM prompts "you have no messages" enter 9 then 79723646 then 8443336#217394---wait 30 seconds then hang up. Wait approximately 2 minutes, disconnect the line cords, then pull the power cord. Wait 1 minute then plug in the line cords and then the power cord. BINGO system initiallized.

THERE YOU GO.
ROOKIETECH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back