Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prologix Restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

RHoltonAvaya

IS-IT--Management
Apr 9, 2002
US
I have to replace a Processor and Flash card. How do I properly shutdown and restart the Prologix?

All you have to do is Save Translations, and then when thats done, pull the plug! Swop out the procesor board and but the old flash into it and but the pug back in!

Make sure that the new processor is the same software load as before, or if not you will also need to upgrade it, with another flash card!

armo

Check if there is an AUDIX or MAPD in the Prologix, if so it is wise to have both or either one gracefully shutdown.
Do this from the terminal or with the button that is on the front.[poke] Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

Thanks this system has neither! Lucky me! Thanks for the info though, informative info.

Okay on the processor and flash card. I should put in the new flas card first, do a save translation and then power the system down replacing the processor and new flash card. Thanks for the information. You were a big help!

Are there any good documents on the Prologix systems? Avaya's site was not very informative!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back