Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proliant Support Pack Lost Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molenski

IS-IT--Management
Jan 24, 2002
DE
Hi,

Anyone know how,if we have 'misplaced' the admin password for a server with PSP 6.4 installed we can change/reset it?

We have tried to overwrite the PSP but it looks like the admin password is stored somewhere and even unistalling and reinstalling doesn't do it.

Cheers.

Molenski
As my bessie bud Kev always says - Get involved!!!

Will look for the solution, I know I've done it in the past, but if you upgrade to PSP v7.4 or above you can use OS level security. i.e. You can use domain\username and your standard password to get in.

You can do the upgrade remotely of course.

Neill

Not sure what you mean? Our hands are tied a little bit, we need to stay on the version we are using if poss.

Thanks for your help, would be great if u get hold of a solution.

Molenski

what os are you running

i would recommend updating to 7 anyway as 6.4 is ancient
unless you are running windows nt4 then it is ok

Thanks for the advice but let's just say I can't upgrade to 7 - any ideas how I can recover from a lost password???

Molenski

Hi Molenski,

Sorry for delay.

To change password to a known version I think the following should work:-

Take the file c:\compaq\wbem\cpqhmmd.acl from a server where you know the password.

Overwrite the existing .acl on unknown server.
Restart all CPQ services.

I'm pretty sure that is the procedure I followed last time I had a similar problem but haven't had time to test it.

Neill

Hi and thanks for getting back! Will give this a try and let you know if it works. Once again, cheers! :)

Molenski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back