Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proliant ml370 Seagate backup exec

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickkkkk

Technical User
Mar 29, 2005
PL
Hi all,
I have problem with driver's to backup streamer, when installing novell 4.11. I have installed cpqarray. To install streamer i try with cpqscsi.ham, but i don't now the slot number. How get this slot?

If you load CPQSCSI.HAM without switches, does it prompt you to choose a slot number from slots the system has auto-detected? If CPQSCSI has been loaded previously, it will only pick up slots that have not been loaded before.

-----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"

I unloaded before all drivers, and try again to install cpqscsi.ham, but i don't get any results. I have device: Compaq 12/24 GB DAT DRV Tape Drive SCSI Port 1, ID 06. Drivers: cpqscsi.ham and cpqs710.dsk looking for slot number. It doesn't work with slot=1 and port=1. Maybe i should try with other drivers?

How is the device connected to the server? Is it via a SCSI card or is it via the onboard SCSI?

If you perform a LIST DEVICES at the server console and get the description you suggest above (Compaq 12/24 GB DAT DRV Tape Drive SCSI Port 1, ID 06), that would indicate that the driver has already successfully loaded?

"It's true, its damn true!"

I think, maybe it is problem with backup exec. I try find something like patch. Maybe you heard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back