Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proliant ML370 + Novell Netware 4.11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingwin

Programmer
Jan 27, 2005
NL
Hi all,

When i want to install Novell Netware 4.11 on my Compaq server, there isn't a driver for the SCSI drives in my server.

I tried downloading drivers for novell (it seems the controller is a smart array 5300 controller)but they doesn't seem to work :(

does anyone know a way to install Novell on this compaq server???

use the smartstart cd

it's a bog standard driver - it's not a novell driver - it's a compaq one
cpqarray

I already install't the smartstart cd, sorry forgot to menchion that...

I install't RAID 5, and selected the "Other Novell" box, because there was no Novell 4.11 to select (I use SmartStart 4.90)

But where can i find a driver on that CD?
(under DOS SCSI works fine)

use an older smartstart is easiest
or alternatively on the smartstart go to disk creator and create the disk
been a olong time since i used 4.11
thing it cpqarray.ham your after - available on hp's site under that server model

Hmz...
I tried the CPQARRAY driver on the SmartStart CD. But when I load it, it gives a bunch of "Loader cannot find public symbol: " errors.

In my opinion, the smartstart is not the best way to launch the installation, especially with the older NetWare. Just use the smartstart to setup the Hardware aspects of the server- raid, etc.

Then get a DOS 6.22 boot disk from boot with that (With cd support), insert Netware CD and then install from the CD. I believe it's INSTALL.BAT that launches it.

See what happens using that approach. I believe that for the RAID 5300, the driver is CPQRAID.HAM, Not CPQARRAY.HAM. It should be able to use the CPQRAID out of one of the support packs available on HP's support site. However, with Netware 4.11, you might have to find an older version until you can get the server up to SP9. Perhaps you could find a driver for it in PSP 6.40 if they are still available.

Marvin Huffaker Consulting
Home of the BLUEGUNK Punk

Ok... i tried loading the CPQRAID driver that was on my SmartStart 4.90 cd, but then i get the same "Loader cannot find..." errors as with the CPQARRAY driver :(

It's very possible that you need updated NWPA files for the CPQRAID driver. You're getting loader errors because the driver is looking for some stuff that is not in the version you have.

Getting the right ones on there could get very comlicated. For that reason, I'm only going to say that the ones from the SP9 should make it work..

Marvin Huffaker Consulting
Home of the BLUEGUNK Punk

hello Ingwin, can you tell me how you installed your ML370 internal network card on novell 4.11, which slot did you use?

greetz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back