Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proliant ML350, Smart Array 431 and ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb8wbn

IS-IT--Management
Apr 24, 2003
US
Trying to create an image of this windows 2000 server. it has 2 8GB SCSI disks in a raid 1. When I run ghost to create an image, it says it can't defrag the virtual partition. There is 440MB of space left on the drive. I have run the defrag twice. When I try to run ghost off the boot floppy, the scsi controller header displays in the bios, but the aspi drivers all fail. Do I need to add a driver for the compaq controller ? I tried to add a device line in the config.sys file, but no change.

Any Ideas ???

ghost 2003/04 and corperate edition has scsi support.

ASPI files that are supplied by Ghost:
aspi2dos.sys
aspi4dos.sys
aspi8dos.sys
aspi8u2.sys

Other ASPI files:
All SCSI controllers require an ASPI driver. The drivers supplied by Ghost are sufficient for most SCSI controllers. However, if the SCSI controller comes with a driver, adding that driver to the bootable floppy disk might resolve problems writing to or from the drive. Copy the driver to the bootable floppy disk and edit Config.sys to load the driver. The controller's documentation should include the correct syntax for loading the driver from DOS. If you do not have the driver, contact the controller's manufacturer.

If the floppy disk is already loading the correct ASPI drivers, then update the computer's BIOS and the controller's BIOS to the latest version. For instance, older revisions of the BIOS for the Adaptec 2940 controller card are not compatible with Ghost. Updating the BIOS on the Adaptec 2940 to the latest revision resolves compatibility problems with Ghost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back