Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proliant DL 380

Status
Not open for further replies.

careinc

Programmer
Mar 14, 2004
US
Hey my company had a few month old Proliant DL 380 plugged into a UPS over a weekend when the power went out and the UPS couldnt hold it all the way till after the weekend so it crashed. when we got back after the weekend we couldnt turn the machine back up. all that turns on now is the fans in the back. the two lights on the fans turn on so im pretty sure its not a power supply issue. i was wondering what else could poss be the problem and if there is anything that can be done or is it not even realistically poss to fix??? HP was absolutely no help. all they said was power supply issue and since im almost 100% sure its not that they left me hanging. any help would be much appreciated. thank you so much in advance.

Have you tried swapping the power supply?

-------------------------------

If it doesn't leak oil it must be empty!!

yes just to make sure it wasnt a power supply issue we swapped one of the power supplies with a brand new one. and again the same thing happened. the fans turned on in the baack and the green lights on the power supplies turned on, but nothing else did anything else. the hard drive lights didnt turn on. nothing showed up on a monitor when we plugged one into the server. please someone help. thanks

DL380s have a standard 3-year, next business day, on-site warranty. Call HP support.

Your server/UPS should work so that when the power goes off, if the power isn't restored before the UPS discharges below a predetermined threshold, it shuts down the sever in a controlled manner. When the mains is retsored, the UPS doesn't restart the server until the UPS has charged above the threshold again.

Regards: tf1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back