Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proliant 8000 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

septhroth

Technical User
Oct 26, 2005
US
Background: my class recently got in two Proliant 8000 servers each 2 500 mhz processors and 2 gigs of ram, but came with no harddrives in the front bay, one of them had a powersupply. So i took the one with the power supply and added the other 2 gigs of ram to it. I then took out the tape drive and replaced it with a 4 gig SCSI drive. It also gives me a boot error 55h smart array not configured but im not to worried about that right now as i am not useing it.

Question: When i boot the computer it detects everything (including the harddrive) and it gets all the way up to where it says "Non sytem disk or disk error replace disk and press any key to continue" "press F9 to select boot control order" and it stops and will not read any cds or floppy. Also when there is a cd in the cdrom drive the drive constantly flashes.

Things ive tried: Ive tried replacing the cdrom-floppy drive with the one out of the second computer, Using external SCSI cdroms the SCSI controller detects there is a bootable cdrom in the cdrom drive but system wont read from the cdrom drive.

All i want to do is to get any thing installed on the hard drive after that i can do the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back