Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proliant 7000 & PCI Hot Plug

Status
Not open for further replies.

xevious2k

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2002
Greetings All,

I feel like an idiot this morning and I'm hoping one of you (or several of you) can help me out.

I have a Proliant 7000, (the older one with P200 CPU's), and I just installed a library controller into pci slot 7. My question is how do you turn the slot on?

I know it's a hot plug slot. The lights for all hot plug slots are off. The cover says to use the PCI Hot Plug Application to turn the power off and on, but I don't have this application on my system. I installed this server with SmartStart 5.5 and Windows 2000, but never installed the management CD.

Please let me know if I need more coffee or serious drugs.

Thanks,
X2K

Library controller to me would mean a SCSI card.
You can't really add one of these hot plug usually since the SCSI bus has to be initialised when the server starts up.

If you do want to add the hotplug driver get a hold of the current 7.20 support paq which will allow you to do a remote install of the Insight Agents, hot plug agents etc. etc. But you would have to reboot after the install anyway.

Neill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back