Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proliant 5500 max disk size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesbird

Technical User
Jun 4, 2003
GB
Trying to load a couple of SCSI 39GB drives into a 5500 and I cant make them be seen - It's happy enough stuffed full of 18.2G drives, have I reached a BIOS limit, or am I missing a trick?
Any ideas welcome, thanks
James

Are these actual Compaq 36Gb drives in the beige caddy's?

Should be supported as long as both the system and RAID controller firmware are at latest revisions.

For SA2-DH, 3200 etc. that will be v4.50 x

System firmware will vary depending whether it is a Pentium Pro or PIII model.

Neill

Thanks Neill, these are a pair of IBM drives I've loaded up into the Compaq caddies. I know the drives are good and I know the caddies are good, but the combo - who knows. Time to check my firmware loads!
All the best
James

I have two 72GB drives in my 5500, and they work just fine. I bought IBM drives, too, and put them in the beige cages. No problems, Smart Start configured them right away. Did you set the SCSI ID on them? I had to do that with the little plastic jumpers.

Iolair MacWalter

Iolair, could be - I'd assumed one of the cage cables was the SCSI ID setting - best I go look
Thanks - James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back