Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proliant 3000 System Board Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

agates2

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2004
US
I have a Proliant 3000 running SCO v5. It is rebooting itself intermittently. I though likely age or a heating issue. I added a new power supply. Problem resolved for months. Now It's back and I am replacing the system board. I put in a reman from Compaq and I keep getting a Non Disk Error. I have Smart Start 5.0, but the server is not reading from the CD or floppy. I cannot access the BIOS by F9 or F10. Compaq says bad board and have sent a new one.

Here is the issue... I put the old board back in until the new one arrives, now I don't get any power to the board. The power supply lights up, but NO display, lights, or beeps. NOTHING! What gives? Any ideas?

The user is down. If I install the new board and get the same Non-Disk errors, how do I resolve it? If I put in the new board and there is still no power, how do I resolve that?

Really odd issue! Thanks for ANY help or toubleshooting tips provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back