Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

proliant 3000 model 1 hard drive question

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipbandit

Technical User
Oct 13, 2005
US
I have a proliant 3000 model 1 with 2 p2 450mhz 512 ram and 2 nic cards. what I want to know is can I use cheap scsi 7200 rpm drives in the drive trays or do I need to buy and use the 10000 rpm drives in the drive trays? I have 24 trays for the proliant and I am getting an f1 drive tower that will hold 15 drives which I am planing to fully populate with drives I just need to know what the cheapest drives I can buy.

7200rpm drives are fine. You might want to get 10K drives for your OS. Depends what apps you are going to run really.

Remember that if they aren't Compaq drives you aren't going to really know if there is a problem with one since the diags won't work.

You'd be better buying a load of 2nd hand drives from eBay, they aren't expensive.

Neill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back