Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proliant 3000 inserted new disk drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosie123

Technical User
Dec 15, 2003
US
I inserted a new disk drive into our proliant 3000 server because one of the drives failed.
The new drive is not solid green but is flashing green.
However when I go to check the log to see if any errors have been generated I receive the same error i received when the drive was failed:
The device /Device/ScsiPort0 did not respond within the timeout period.

I have never used the SmartStart CD or Insight Manager which i just heard about by reading other posts. I will try to locate these tools. In the meantime, can anyone offer me any insight?

Another quick note:
In reading about Compaq's Insight Manager I see that it is mostly installed on servers running internet explorer (you need the internet to do updates for it, etc.).

This particular server is not running any type of web browser. So i'm thinking the insight manager was never installed on here...

server doesnt need internet explorer
the host server that physically runs insight manager requires internet explorer.

ie - i install insight manager agents on a netware server - this can be done automatically on the build or later by running cpqdploy - you can see this on the modules by checking the cpq*.nlm 's versions - to access this i would type
if i installed on a ms server - doesnt have to be running iis or apache or such like - again can do during build and can update by downloading and executing the sup pack - and again i can go to this by typing
obviously even if you have 10 servers you dont want to look at each one individually so you install insight manager onto a server or a pc - something that can have sql or amsde on it - when you install this you give it ip ranges so you will see alll the servers with agents on them from one console - this needs ie

as for the disk - easier if you can see it in insight
or the acu or cpqiml

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back