Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proliant 1850R Press F1 or F10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedals

MIS
Jan 7, 2002
GB
Hi,

Whenever I reboot my Proliant 1850R I am prompted to press F1 'To Continue' or F10 'For System Configuration' everything looks okay and when I press F1 it works fine, can anyone tell me how to get rid of this message.

Also note that I rebuild the server from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003 without redoing the RAID, etc...

Cheers

P

F1 is usually there for a reason but if you do want to remove it do the following.

Go into system configuration.
Hit ctrl-A to turn on advanced menus
There will now be an option on one of the menus to stop the F1 message appearing.

Neill

Neill,

Thanks for you response, however when going into system configuration and pressing Ctrl-A the system says advanced menus already enabled, plus there is no sign of a setting to turn off F1 prompts.

Cheers

P

It will be in there somewhere if advanced menus there, I just can't remember exactly where or what it says.

Will try and have a look for you.

Neill

The question that has to be asked is why this is happening at all. Have you installed or changed any hardware, if so you must run the config utility to register the changes, otherwise the F1 -F10 will keep happening, the other possibility is that the NVRAM has corrupted, in which case simply run the F10 configuration and save. It should go away then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back