Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proliant 1600 running Terminal Server Resets

Status
Not open for further replies.

CIRIMIS

MIS
Jun 17, 1999
US
We are experiencing at random reboots at our server. Has anyone had dealing with this problem? What tools should I use to help diagnose this problem?

I would also recommend updating the BIOS and drivers for the RAID adapter as well

Yep, a little more detail here is needed. Does the machine just reboot or are you getting a BSOD then auto rebooting. If it is geting a blue screen of death, what is the error message? As tracerz asked, what service pack and have any hotfixes been applied. And a brief list of the software that is running both as a server and what the clients are running.<br>
<br>

try turning off ASR as a short term fix. The other suggestions here are all valid and are the most likely overall solution.

I have this problem with 1 of my Proliant 3000 Terminal Servers and it is caused by a hardware problem. The system fan is malfunctioning. I do suggest that you go to Insight Manager and verify all your hardware system is working fine.

Good Luck!!!!!

Go into setup and disable ASR (automatic server recovery) ----------------------------
Steven R. Tuttle
CBE, MCSE, BNCS, DCT, A+
Senior Consultant, ePresence
----------------------------

I am also having strange random reboots on a 1600, Win2K Server. We find it sometimes with the screen blank, the fdd light constantly on as well has the hard drive light. I will perform all the recommendation listed above. Do you all think that I need to update all critical drivers to the latest SP's?? How bout installing Insight Man XE to find out what the hell is up. All we know in the event viewer is event 6008, unexpected shutdowns.

Thanks,

Eric, CCNA, APS, A+, Net+

When I hear that a terminal server is rebooting unexpectedly the first thing I think of is printer drivers -- do you have any wacky non-MS certified drivers on there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back