Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proliant 1600, Hot-swap RAID 5 Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghight

IS-IT--Management
Oct 25, 2002
US
It looks like others have had this question, but I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for.

I have a Proliant 1600 with a SmartArray 221 hot-swap SCSI backplane running Netware 5.1 SP5. Currently it has 3 x 18.2G drives in a RAID 5 config and has live data on it. I'm needing to add another 18.2G drive to it.

When I plugged the new drive in a console messege popped saying it recognized that a drive had been plugged in. The activity lights came on for about 15 seconds but then went dead. Is this normal?

Also, I've tried to run CPQONLIN and it said that I didn't have CPQDA386.DSK loaded. I don't but the RAID 5 array has been running fine without it. What do I need to do to get this new drive installed into the array and expand my data volume?

Thanks in advance.

Well hows this...

Array expansion is NOT supported on the Smart Array 1 , 2SL and 221 controllers

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back