Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proliant 1600 and Server 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

robros

Programmer
May 22, 2001
US
Ok I think I have high hopes here but can anyone help

I was given a Proliant 1600 and want to install windows 2003 server seems the nic driver is not in Server 2003 and HP/compaq does not support the box with Server 2003. Can anyone point me in the correct direction to get the Nic Driver?

I would like to keep 2003 on this machine if at all possible... but if I must go back to server 2000 I will.

Thanks Again
Robert

If two wrongs don't make a right then how can to wrights make and airplane fly ?

What make/model is the NIC?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Who is General Failure and what is he doing on my computer?"

its a compaq nic... dont have the model number here with me in the office its at home..

According to Hp/compaq 2003 is not supported

If two wrongs don't make a right then how can to wrights make and airplane fly ?

It might not be supported by Compaq/HP, but that doesn't mean it won't work...

I would try two things:

a) Try the Windows 2000 NIC driver

or

b) Try searching the HP website or the Internet for the Model number to see if there is another driver out there that would support this NIC on Windows 2003. If the NIC is a HP NC31xx brand, try this link for a W2K3 driver:

Just search the HP website/Internet for the NIC model plus 2003. For example, to get the link above, I searched for "HP NC31xx 2003" - without the quotes

"Who is General Failure and what is he doing on my computer?"

Thanks I will attempt that when I return home tonight

1600 should be a NC3121 which W2003 should have no problems with. I've certainly installed it without issue. W2003 should pick up pretty much everything automatically in a 1600/3000/5000, including RAID controllers.

If you want the actual Compaq driver then TheLad's link will get you the following:-

cp005498.exe HP NC31xx Fast Ethernet NIC Driver for Windows Server 2003

Neill

The Nic States Replace with Compaq Spare 169849-001

Tryed to install from link and getting Hp setup error
THe software will not be installed on this system becuase the rquired hardware is not present in the system or the software/firmware does not apply to this system.

update

Compaq Compaq Netelligent 10/100 TX PCI UTP Controller Driver

worked... at 10mb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back