Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Project Tracking Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zilflic

Programmer
Feb 23, 2005
US
Does anyone here use or develop software that is web based for project tracking? I'm looking for something similiar to MS Project on a smaller scale and open souce is alway a plus for my company.

Thanks,
Ann

I've been using dotProject. I basically hit google up and found a couple sites with about 30-40 links. Opened every one in Mozilla tabs and just started glancing through the front page and feature list and closing tabs that didn't fit my needs. Then I went back to the 5 or 6 remaining ones and played with their online demos. That left me with about two. I don't remember how I made the final choice, but dotProject is what I ended up with for fitting my desired feature set and needs. It's not a perfect fit, but much better thab I could have done in my free time and a one week time constraint :p

barcode_1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back