Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Project setup saved? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sermac

Programmer
Jul 27, 2002
US
Hi: I have had this problem before and solved it, but now old-timer's has set in!

When I open my project, I expand the project windows and data lists/forms list etc. in the project window, but I would like to save those so when I open again, its all expanded the way I left it.

Any suggestions would be helpful for this old guy.

THX

Bill

Hi Bill, y'ol' coot!

Check in your Tools|Options|File Locations from the VFP menu to see if you're using a Resource file. Double-click the Resource File name and a window will come up with a checkbox for "use resource file". Make sure that's checked. The file's usually "foxuser.dbf".

This is all from memory, but I THINK that'll save your status and call up the last-used project and its windows next time you start VFP.

If that doesn't work, give me a call. Glad Ed's dog's OK, huh?

Mike

Thanks Michael, Question: Do you know how to use the Devtree OLE for what I am trying to do? the 40+ factorial. . .maybe?
THX for the help! Bill

No, actually I don't. That seems overly complex to me, but then again, I'm not familiar with DevTree. And remember that the heirarchical scheme I came up with showed that many of those 40+ items don't materially affect the outcome.

(This really isn't the venue for this discussion, 'cuz the rest of the world has no idea what we're talking about, and I think you want it in the can before publishing it.) Sorry, gang.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back