Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Project Server Questions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquaboy1976

Technical User
Nov 7, 2002
US
Ok, my boss wants me to come up with some pros and cons for Project Server 2002. The problem is, I never even used Project. Can anyone tell me some pros and cons of Microsoft Project Server pros and cons?

Thanks.

Hi.

Contras:
First of all, project server installs on windows 2000 server only.

Second - it needs a SQL Server. For the real work, of course.

Pros:

It works just fine. Its easy to understand and to manage. Its integrates with other products (for me, the most important - is the integration with SharePoint)
It allows to organize an unified center where you can view all the projects and resources in a glance. And your boss will be glad to demostrate it to your clients, I think...
And its disciplines. All involved to the projects understands that they not in the shadow anymore... And the task has their dates and deadlines.

So, its good. Its realy good and comfortable and powerfull, and so on.

But...

Using a project server its not only install the software. You have to live in that way... And work in that manner...
If you would, then all be just fine.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back