Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

project server first login

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremyMordkoff

IS-IT--Management
Oct 15, 2002
US
I have recently installed MS Project server on my small business server. When I try to connect via web access, I get

You have entered an incorrect user name/password
combination. (5005)

even when I use the system administrator username and password.

Is there something else I need to do first?

Thanks
JLm

Sounds like you need to create a default database. I did mine at the command prompt like so: I went to my cd drive (o: if this case) and went to support\database. Then I typed in setupdb.cmd "machine name" "database name" "username" "password". Without the quotes or the period of course. So the entire command looks like O:\support\database\>setupdb.cmd server ProjectServer sa password

Hope that helps you out!

Travis

In other way, if you could not login a first time after install and if you'd created a database during the installation, and if you entered a password during installation then:

login: Administrator (if you using a not English language, type administrator in that language too)
password: that one, you have entered in setup.

Good luck.

Hi Jeremy.

I have the same problem. How did you solve it? The two suggestions listed in this thread do not work for me, as the database is already created, and the Administrator password, well, nothing works! I found it in the resource table, but it is no good.

Did manage to go on?

I did it!

I was able to connect as administrator!

For this, I went into the databases ( I have 2: ProjectServer and ProjectServer0000; not clear yet if I need both) and checked the MSP_WEB_RESOURCES tables to make sure that the password for Administrator is the zero-length string, "". ProjectServer0000 had it set to a vey weird value, I deleted it and went straight in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back