Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Project Search and Replace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven123

Programmer
Mar 8, 2001
US
Hello,

Does anyone know of a way to globally search an entire project for the instance of a string (like a fieldname) and replace it with something else?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi
modify a FORM not a program in your project.
Duble Click on the form to get the code window.
Edit -> Replace
In the replace dialog window set the scope to "All Objects".
Make sure that you use the other 4 option "Match,Match,Warp,Search" as you see fit.

Thanks Walid Magd
Engwam@Hotmail.com

Try on the UT ( - In Downloads search for "Project", then pick a) "Project Search Wizard", b) "Regular Expr search in Project Files" or c) "SearchString.zip" (the one I like).

Rick

Follow the link and download a utility called ts.prg
You can modify the prg to set your path and this will help to search a text in any prg/vcx etc.... in the specified path. The path is almost unlimited except you have to specify that once per project and keep a copy of that in the project directory.

Hope this helps ramani :-9
(Subramanian.G)
FoxAcc
ramani_g@yahoo.com

The way I do it is to use the standard Windows Search function on my project directory. Choose to search *.prg, *.sct (for forms), then fill in the "containing text" field with what you're searching for. It gives you a list of all files that contain what you put in.

If you want to figure out exactly which object in your form contains the procedure you're looking for, just open the *.sct file in a text editor (I use EDIT, myself) and search for a string. You should be able to identify the object by the information found above the cursor position. Just make sure you do NOT save the file, even if you don't alter it. You'll never load it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back