Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Project Library List and Updating Build Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsweeney42

Programmer
Dec 12, 2008
US
Version 10.2.0 Build 8100

I have a project with 8 pbl's. I copied the entire folder containing all files to another drive. I can run the program from the IDE, but when I attempt to deploy the workspace I get the following error:

---------- Deploy: Deploy of workspace caps10
---------- Deploying project caps
The current library list is different than the library list contained within this project. The project library list has been updated. Refresh build options for the changed list and try again.
---------- Done Deploying project caps
---------- Finished Deploy of workspace caps10

I am able to do an Incremental Build and a Full Build.

I don't know how to "refresh build options."

Any help would be appreciated!

On the build screen the library list is given towards the bottom. It should consist of all the .pbls for the project. The error indicates you need to change the paths for these prior to doing the build to reflect their new location. Make sure you save the project after the build is done so you don't have to do this every time.

Matt

"Nature forges everything on the anvil of time

Please be patient with me - I'm a VB .Net programmer who has been handed this to maintain. I am a PowerBuilder newbie.

How do I open the build screen? The system tree window shows all the pbl's with the correct path.

In order to create a PB exe you need to set up a 'project' where you list the .pbls, what the exe name is, etc. for the build. In the project painter you will find this.

Matt

"Nature forges everything on the anvil of time

You misunderstand. Please read the my first post, then explain how to open the build screen of an existing project and update the pbl paths.

1. Open the system tree
2. Expand the Workspace and .pbl containing the project object (should look like an open folder)
3. Double-click the project object

The above steps can be done in the library painter as well. For some reason, I cannot get PB to open the build screen from the "Open" window.

From the build screen is where you will have to set the paths.

Have you tried the one that looks like building blocks?

Excellent. I feel like I'm making progress. I see that the Library is pointing to the old folder. I still don't understand how to update that list to point to the new folder. Please explain step-by-step what to do. Thanks.

Post a screen shot of your build screen... The versions are just different enough that explaining (for me) might need an image to work with. (I'm in 10.5 and 6.5)

When you click the building blocks button (with the arrow) on the toolbar, it should give you the incorrect library list or list changed message, and then update the list. You will have to reselect the PBD checkboxes at the bottom to compile the individual libraries once the list changed. If the PBD box is not checked for the application library (as in the build screen image you posted), then any objects that are in that library are compiled into the exe, and there is no pbd created for the application object... Only the other listed pbd's will be used. (if you're copying to a distrobution server, etc, the exe and pbd's are what have to be copied)

Is the building blocks button (with the arrow) the one with a tool tip that says "Skip Build/Deploy/Search/Scc"? If so, that one is disabled.

The one just to the left of the "X" on the lower toolbar. It should just say deploy.

When I click on that button (Tooltip is "Deploy Workspace") I get the error message (see my first posting) and nothing more. It just stops.

Yes, but did it change the library list? It should pop up this error the first time you click the deploy, and then change the library list, (which will have to have the PBD property reset), and then be ready to hit the deploy button again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back