Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Project is adding a dialog screen twice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

perl1963

Programmer
Feb 26, 2003
US
I'm working on an app built in FoxPro 2.6 in the project there are several Dialogs, Screens, Menus and Programs. There are a couple of dialogs that show up twice and I'm not sure why. The dialog(d_blah) shows up in the project as a screen set and a program. The edit screen set dialog has the screen set name text box set to d_blah.prg and the detail shown when more is clicked is the same as every other dialog in the project and there a re no associated windows. Is there something that is doing this a setting or something? I can remove the d_blah program from the project save the project and when I rebuild it it is back in the project. It is not causing any issues I'm just wondering if this is something abnomal or expected?

Thanks in advance

Perl
Forum-Financial.com

Perl,
Many of my FPx projects have both a .PRG and .SCX of the same name. I often set up the data for the screen in the xxx.PRG, then DO xxx.SPR to start up the screen. The .PRG file also holds most of the code for the form, rather than putting it in code snippets - that way you don't have to regenerate the .SPR/.SPX to just change a WHEN() or VALID() action.

Anywhere you use DO xxx (instead of DO xxx.SPR), will cause the Project to look for a file xxx.PRG.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back