Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Project Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

rxg00u

Programmer
Apr 11, 2002
GB
Hi there,
I have graduated with a computer science degree and I am looking to enhance my programming skills.
I have about 3 years experiance in Java and was wondering if anyone has any good project ideas I may be able to undertake.
I am looking for something that will expose me to various different technologies simaltaneously including GUI developement, networking, possibly conccurrency issues etc etc.
This is not a educational project so any ideas are welcome.

Thanks for your time

In case it helps, I am trying to build a program to report the current status (and hopefully the setup) of the computer where the program is run; this program will help on off-site diagnostics, or to map each machine in a network with its characteristics; the more system details, the better, like IP address, neighbor computers, disk space, os, programs currently running, last anti-virus update, etc.

If you build something like that, let me know, or we could collaborate.

==================
learning & sharing

This is not a technological advice, but I'd look for a job.

You can enhance your skills and you even get money.

Cheers.

Dian

An actual answer:

Build a "network neighborhood" alternative which allows you to browse networks using a "hyperbolic tree" (see for example).

Alternatives to "network neighborhood" - file tree browser; web site spider viewer; etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back