Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Project design for web developer

Status
Not open for further replies.

iancasti

IS-IT--Management
Nov 21, 2002
MT
Hiya, I have been developing web based applications for quite some time now. I have handled all sizes of projects (except the really large kind). Although I've always delivered, I know there needs to be a more structured approach. the problem is that projects are often open-ended and never seem to finish. This means that the particluar web application being developed starts to look messy, plus the actual budget for the project itself is often exceeded.

I have researched systems such as PRINCE2, etc. But they all seem either too generic, or too complicated. what I'm looking for is a pre-laid out flow chart guiding me through various phases of we application development (or something similar).

Any suggestions?

Hello
Even though we have different approaches (Process) for software development the chances of project geting completed and deployed on time with budgeted amount is very rare. I see two basic resons for this cause. A) Lack of imporatnce given to Understanding phase. B) Lack of Industry competency to excute the assignment.

To come across this each organization has to develop a tailor made project management process. This process can be developed after doing post martom analysis of your previous assigments. For example I have designed a process (UAD Mantra) after complete analysis of our past failures. Today we have increased our project execution effeciency a lot. We could able to bring down deviations.

I would advice you to have a look at This could help you..thats what i feel. Please feel free to write to me at: sshrinivas@greymatterindia.com

Regards
Srini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back