Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Project Deletion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSF30

Technical User
Mar 5, 2003
US
Within Visual C++ how does one delete all traces of a project, both in its file folders and in the Registry?

Thanks, Joe.

There is no mechanism for doing this that I am aware of (someone else may know differently).
john.

I don’t enjoy playing around with the Registry so I was hoping that there was a capability in the Visual C++ application to delete projects.

In the past I have searched the Registry for keys containing the name of the folder containing the project I want to delete. The keys are found in two hives:
HKCU>Software>Microsoft>Devstudio>6.0>Projects
HKU>S-…>Software>Devstudio>6.0>Projects

When a search finds the folder reference, it is highlighted on the right data side of the screen. The row of data identifies the location of a *.dsp file. I then delete the data row. The data list can get very large. I also delete the project’s folder using Windows Explorer.

Thanks for your reply. I'll keep doing what I have done in the past.

Joe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back