Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

project database

Status
Not open for further replies.

smiley0q0

Technical User
Feb 27, 2001
US
has anyone made or seen an access project database to keep track of projects, their status, estimated completion time... etc.

i've seen microsoft project .. just wondering if there was anything out there that i would be able to more easily manipulate to my own needs...
thought about making my own in access... just thought i'd check to see if anyone had beat me to it

thanks,
Jared

sure! my company made a project database in access and it's worked out great. we use it to keep track of open projects, thier status, techs assigned, requesting user, date requested/assigned/completed, etc. we also use it for reporting on past data and looking up old project solutions from time to time

I prefer using access because there are always tweaks you'll want to add, and access is more powerful than the alternatives

- RoppeTech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back