Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Project Control - MS Project Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvalentine

IS-IT--Management
Dec 2, 2002
GB
We are running MIMS under Citrix. I am looking for ways to download & upload project data between MIMS Project Control and MS Project 98 (Yes it's so I can manage both project costs and schedules without the need to manually build and maintain the project hierarchy in both products). The reference material isn't particularly helpful other than a vague comment to MSM080C Report EMB66AA.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

David

The only information I have to do this is via custom-built programs:

You could build a custom MSB program to download/upload the parent projects' WBS (subprojects, WO's, WT's) from MIMS to MS Project, and vv. It makes sense to have one system the Master (MIMS Enterprise-wide), and MS Project for allocation of other project-related data to update MIMS.

Or you could build a connector script to download from MIMS to MS Project 98 (isn't there a sample in the Connector package?) via the Open Project function in MS Project.

Agreed.
If you contact your Mincom Account Manager, they should be able to give details of a MIMS-MsProject interface using the Mincom Connector product. (My understanding is that some MIMS sites have a MIMS-MsProject interface using Mincom Connector to handle project scheduling, and a MIMS-MsExcel interface using Mincom Connector to handle project cost estimates).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back