Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Project 2013 taskmode new porject to auto with VBA 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilPayne

Technical User
Mar 3, 2016
GB
Hello all,
I have been using a macro to set workstation defaults for inexperienced Microsoft Project users for some time now.

Since the introduction of manual scheduling I have been trying to find the code that will set the users default for new projects to Automatic scheduling with no success. Has anyone managed to do this without resorting to purchase of VisualStudio?

This would be a massive help as I've just joined a new programme team where 90% are 1st time users of MS Project and all are using MSProject 2013 Standard.

Thanks in anticipation.

I'm sorry - but I don't know if options can be set using VBA. However, the good news is that once a user understands how to change the default option - they should be all set. I'd suggest investing in some training for the users. Project, as you know, does not really lend itself to "figure it out on your own." The investment in a good 2-3 day hands-on training will pay off tenfold.

Hello Palmcrest,

Many apologies for late response.

I appreciate your input but haven't as yet tried it out - life just gets in the way sometimes.
Rest assured when I do I will feedback whatever happens.

Thanks again.

Phil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back