Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prohibit access to properties of a LAN connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasboy

IS-IT--Management
Jan 9, 2003
US
I have a Windows 2000 server with sp4 and a bunch of XP pro clients. It seems some group policies work and others don't with XP. "Prohibit access to properties of a LAN connection" is a must for these XP machines. I've enabled the policy and it doesn't work. They are in there own OU and I have blocked policy inheritance. A number of other policies work just fine, like disabling certain applications (sol.exe, mshearts.exe etc..) or disabling the task bar. Why won't "Prohibit access to properties of a LAN connection" work with XP pro? It works fine with my Windows 2000 clients. Any thoughts? Thanks

Where are the user accounts that login to these machines? They too need to be in the OU that applies to that policy.

The user accounts are in there own OU. Basically the only thing that changed was the clients going from Win 2000 to XP pro.

Thanks

Anyone have any other ideas? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back