Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Progression 7.6.300 and Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 25, 2005
US
We have Progression 7.6.300 currently running with EFI PSI 13.0 with no real problems in Windows XP.
We are moving our very old PCs to Windows 7.

The issue I am having on a Windows 7 test box is with Macola and PSI integration.
I can install Macola just fine and even login. As soon as I log in the PSI installer starts up in an infinite loop. I have to hit cancel 5 times for it to go away. Once I cancel PSI out the Macola interface comes up.

Any ideas? I have already disabled User Account Control and have the installed PSI client set to run in compatibility mode and as an administrator.
I was not the one who installed either program and am not very familiar with the applications other than the SQL support and normal client installations.

Thank you.

Macola 76300 may run on Windows 7 but it is not supported. You'll need to update to 7.7 for this. Does PSI support Windows 7? I don't know of a PSI forum anywhere.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

We actually just set up our new Globe server and have the PSI updates. We need to replace the PCs first and the server upgrade is a month away.
PWE runs on Windows 7 just fine. It seems to hate PSI which is the problem. I was hoping there would be some Macola/PSI users here since there doesn't seem to be a PSI forum as you mentioned.
Thanks for the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back