Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Progressbar not in a form

Status
Not open for further replies.

leangross

IS-IT--Management
Jul 3, 2002
PH
Does anyone know how to have a progressbar not place on any form?

I have a function that i call when i click an item in the sub menu and this function post all the transaction made by the user. My problem is how can i show the users how long will it take to process the transactions and let user now that the system is still processing the record?

I dont use form on this one. Any idea?

Thanks in advance

If you can get a control to appear on the screen without a container such as a form then I would say this is possible but for the moment I will say it is not.

There are several ways to show a progress bar or the progress of an process.

Do you have a status bar on your form?
If you do you can then use one of the sections as a progress bar.

You could create a form that has no title bar and is no bigger than the progress bar and show just that.

You could use the SetWindowRgn API to cut away the parts of a form you do not want to display.

You could really get down into the nuts and bolts of GDI and draw a progress bar to the screen (I have never done this but I was told it could be done so I am passing it along).

You could place a progress bar in your form (visable=false) and just show it when needed.

It really depends upon your imagination and what you really want to do and how far you are willing to go to do it.

Good Luck

Use a picture box and load graphics that indicate the progress.

Load a different picture at 25%, 50% 67%, etc.

Thanks guys!!!! I'll just try to experiment some more. I really appreciate your effort in sharing your ideas. Keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back