Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Progress SQL IDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloteBoat

Technical User
Jul 18, 2014
US
Hello,

Previous experience with MSSS, Oracle, DB2...basically could connect to the DB using a tool like Toad/PL_SQL/SQL Developer/DBSolo. Using this tool, I could explore the data structure, index, field specs, and write SQL select statements to view data.

Does such a tool exist for Progress?
Does the tool function similar to "normal" SQL development tools?

I read somewhere that SQUIRREL(?) could attach to Progress. Has anyone utilized SQUIRREL to write SQL against a Progress DB?

What I am looking for: Tool to review data, field names, table index, metadata, write SQL select statement. We have Crystal Reports, it generates the SQL and passes it through an ODBC to Progress, Progress must execute the SQL and return a data set. I don't understand why an IDE would not function the same.

New to Progress and struggling with basic SQL functionality. Any help or feedback is appreciated! Thanks for your time.
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back