Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Progress Help !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rasadmin

MIS
Sep 24, 2001
GB

We are implementing an RSA Security application that is based on a Progress Database, and need to generate custom reports (supplied reports are very limited in functionality, and although RSA say that customised reporting is possible, it's unsupported by them!).

I can acess the database with sql through a proprietary tool, but have no documentation. Does anyone have any docs. to help me identify and query the progress system catalog? or any other Progress client apps that I could scrounge?

I have a db reverse engineering tool that has a Progress ODBC driver but am unable to establish connectivity.

Gary, I'm not familiar with RSA - and you really should try to get documentation from them as far as the schema goes. But to get you started, look for two tables called _File and _Field (although there may be a problems with underscores and ODBC). We use Merant SequeLink to connect to our Progress DB's - which reside on an HPUX server.

Good luck.
Tim Tim Ryan
PROGRESS Developer

Thx Tim.

I already have a printed copy of the schema. I'm not sure if it's accurate or not though! I'll check the tables you suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back