Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Progress Bar Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgfromny

Technical User
Jan 17, 2003
US
I have a series of events happing in some code and as each one completes Id like a Progress bar to grow.. Ive made a new form with the bar and I call it up in the fist line of code (userform.show), at each place in the code I want the bar to grow I simply call it (userform.progressbar.width = 10, 20, 30.. Etc)

BUT....

When the UserForm shows, the code in the background halts until the userform is closed.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
Steve

Try here for instructions:-

Regards
Ken............

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[peace]It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission[2thumbsup]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am new to using Visual C++. I used a Control box to create the progress bar in one file. In another file, I want to update the same progress bar so that it looks like it is downloading. How do I do that?
For example:
one file
Progress.cpp:
Member variable,pBar, is assigned to Progress Bar that was created by the Control box in the dialog box.

Update.Cpp
I want to update the progress bar in Progress.cpp so that it looks like I am downloading while I am sending information.

I have always liked John Walkenbach's approach to progress indicators because it uses tools that are available on everyones's PC (with MS Office installed), like Labels, Frames and TextBoxes:

J-Walk Progress Bars

P.S. This Thread should be in the VBA Forum

P.S.S. NewGuy100 . . . Your question should be in the C++ forum

Peace!! [americanflag] [peace] [americanflag]

Mike

Didn't get the answers that you wanted? Then . . . Click Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back