Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

progress bar headache

Status
Not open for further replies.

worldly1

Technical User
Mar 20, 2007
US
Hello all,

Ive made several flash movies (Flash 8 Pro) with my very rudimentary knowledge. I went to apply the progress bar component (never used components before) thinking, naively, that I could just drop it into frame one and add some basic script so it would stay in frame one showing the progress of the loading of the entire movie and, when all frames were downloaded, move on to frame 2. I've done a more static preloader message before with:

if (_framesloaded >= _totalframes) {
gotoAndPlay ("next");
}

But I now need the progress bar. Well, I'm completely confused by the help file and how involved using the component seems to be. Can't it be a simple as I describe above? Am I not seeing the forest for the trees?

Any help or direction would be much appreciated.

Scott

I don't like (or use...) components either, and especially the ProgressBar... You'd be better off with the MovieClipLoader()...

Or check Senocular's...

Or if you still want to go with the ProgressBar...

Regards. FLASH HELP - OPENED FOR BUSINESS!
TO GET YOUR OWN FREE WEBSITE HOSTING

Thank you, oldnewbie! I appreciate the direction.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back