Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programs stealing focus from the Screensaver Im making?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soas

Technical User
Aug 3, 2001
US
I've been making a screensaver for someone and testing it out on my computer, its almost done but I keep having this problem... I dont know very many methods for making screensavers, but mine uses the settimer and wm_timer to do the animation stuff and it all works fine, but I leave it running all night and when I wake up, the animation is stopped.. it still responds to mouse moves and keyboard input to destroy it, but the animation has frozen..

It seems to happen after about 4 hours of running, and obviously I dont have 4 hours to stand around figuring out whats wrong, but I have narrowed it down pretty much, to when my internet connection disconnects and reconnects. and I've narrowed it down even farther to when the aim window opens back up after reconnection.. I've ran the screensaver all night with nothing changed except that AIM was not on, and it works fine..

What I think is happening is that AIM is taking focus away from my screensaver and its stopping the timer.. I've noticed that the professionally made screensavers I have dont have this problem.. Im not very good with windows API, I've been learning as I go, so Im not sure how to fix this problem.. Does anyone know how I could keep focus on my screensaver or does anyone think that there is something beside focus going on? Any help would be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back