Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

programs shutdown when printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

beavisandbutthead

Technical User
Nov 8, 2002
US
I have a user who claims that whenever he prints his applications just shut down, he claims it happens in Quark (no surprise here), office, and adobe suite products pretty much everything he uses. I have not physically witnessed this error but did reload the drivers for the printer for him, yet he stated this problem has resurfaced, is there anything that can be done to find out exactly what is the problem, as this is an intermittent issue I am curious as to what MACS have that would be equivelent to say microsoft event viewer, so I can check to see what type of errors may be logged?

As with all Mac (it is NOT an acronym) questions the first step is to ask which Mac and more importantly which OS? Mac OSX is not at all like the MacOS upto version 9.22

I can say that the Classic MacOS up to version 9.22 has no event log and that OSX has many unix log files.

I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back